Friday, October 2, 2009

My Norton has just went Crazy?

Yesterday my / our Norton software went NUTZ. It is telling me, my sister and her ex-roomie, that the Ghost has expired. That the trial period is over. Now it tells me that my systemworks is expired. NO it isn't. I just put it on 80 or 85 days ago. I have 280+ days left. All 3 of us put the Norton on at different dates. My sister just put it on less than a week ago. So, she has like 359 days left and now it sez "expired"



Has Norton just crashed or the software went down???



My Norton has just went Crazy?internet



Search google for a program called Norton Removal Tools, it's made by Symantec and will remove all instance of Norton. Removing this with the Add/Remove programs panel will not do this and will only leave corrupt fragments of Norton which can do pretty nasty things to a system.



After removing Norton you can try a fresh install and enter your lisence key information. If that doesn't work contact Symantec and see what their tech support has to say.



Your other option is to stop paying for Norton Anti-Virus and use AVG Anti-Virus which is a free for personal use program that is significantly better than any of the anti virus suites available for purchase.



My Norton has just went Crazy?network



365 days of free updates, but trial is only 90
Is this on the same computer? If so, you should only have one install of Norton for all of the users. That may be causing a conflict.



Have you changed your computers clock? If you change your computers clock the software will think it's expired.



Either way, it sounds like you need to reactivate the software. Norton will promt you to do so when you run live update and the software is expired. Norton knows when you originally activated the software so it should automatically turn it back on.
Symantec software comes on new PCs with a 90 trial period.
It doesn't matter when you put it on, it is a question of when you registered the product(s)with Norton that is important.



Norton will determine when something expires from the registration date.



You need to contact Norton to sort this problem out.

No comments:

Post a Comment