Monday, October 5, 2009

What is a GOOD website that can help me find out what drivers/applications etc.are not safe to be on

I have had to completely reinstall my operating system due to a virus...ugh. But I am pretty much updating every application and driver, however my hp pavilion dv4150us notebook (xp pro sp2)seems to have alot of processes running in the task manager and folders/files that I don't know if I need? Maybe malware/spyware/virus? I have ran my norton antivirus numerous times, but nothing...Does anyone know of a good helpful free website (not microsoft) where I can find out what these files and drivers are for so I can delete the unnessary ones? Also if i have norton systemworks premier installed on my computer should I continue to have Windows Firewall on? Oh and What does microsoft.net framework do? Do I need this? And what does the group policy setting "NT Authority" for? Oh...and could anyone tell me why whenever I open or try to install ANYTHING i get a popup from norton saying "waiting ons system can of C:\....* but it has symbols and $'s in the path???



What is a GOOD website that can help me find out what drivers/applications etc.are not safe to be on my comp.?abtuvurys 2005



McAfee Firewall Plus will tell you what requests files and other things are and usually even on it website at www.mcafee.com



What is a GOOD website that can help me find out what drivers/applications etc.are not safe to be on my comp.?antivirus programs



U CAN GO TO YAHOO.COM 4 UR IN4MATION

No comments:

Post a Comment