Thursday, October 8, 2009

Norton Systemworks is telling me I have lots of temporary files and I don't have a clue what th

Is it likely to cause unforeseen problems if I delete them?



Norton Systemworks is telling me I have lots of temporary files and I don't have a clue what they are!?free antivirus



"black_ca_scorpio" above and others have said it all.



There is no problem deleting these temporary files. You may go to "Tools" and "Internet Options" and then Under "General Folder" in "Temporary Internet Files" click on "Delete Cookies" and "Delete Files" and also click "OK". The HDD will be rid off files which are not necessary and the Speed and performance of the computer will increase.



You may also choose to "Clear History" if you want to protect your privacy of Internet sites visited by you from others. Happy Surfing!



Norton Systemworks is telling me I have lots of temporary files and I don't have a clue what they are!?internet



click on start, click on run, type in "%temp%" the folder that pops up are all the temp files that normally end up there when u install / uninstall programs. deleting all the files in that folder will help with speeding up your computer a bit and will also help with a quicker shut down if u have a computer that lags on the shutting down process.
Systemworks has a cleanup option. Use it to clean these types of files.
Temp files are safe to delete
If you want to delete these when internet browser closes ( I do ) when your browser is open go to tools, internet options, advanced, tick "empty temporary internet files folder when browser closes" At least saves my pc from filling up with SOME of the rubbish I don't need. Temporary internet files can be safely deleted.
Download Disk Cleaner(search it up on google) and run it every day just before shutting down your system. It will delete all the temporary files and other crap that take up quite some free space.
No,you can delete temp files safely.It will make your computer much faster
Temp files are from the internet website you have visited. It is safe to delete them

No comments:

Post a Comment