Friday, October 2, 2009

Operating system XP Failure, NTLDR not detected?

My friend brought me his laptop which he was "cleaning" and in the process, threw away the NTLDR and the NTDETECT files (I yelled for about 5 Min.).



I have tried to create a boot disk for the computer from my desktop (NTLDR, NTDETECT, and BOOT.INI files), but I get a NTDETECT failure when I run this.



Of course, he doesn't have the restore disks or the operating system, and the restore disk from my desktop didn't work (It was worth a shot). I also tried to boot from my NORTON SYSTEMWORKS CD, but it won't boot from there (i did change the boot order).



He says that he didn't empty the recycle bin, so the files are still on the drive, I just need to get to the C: drive to move them back.



Its also an NTFS drive, to make things harder



Any other thoughts?



Operating system XP Failure, NTLDR not detected?antivirus downloads



Here you go. This appears to have everything you will need and it seems pretty easy.



Operating system XP Failure, NTLDR not detected?cafe racer



your welcome :)



the only other suggestion I would have is to slave his o/s disk and replace missing files manually. It may give you an error on boot, but you should be able to get far enough to ask it to repair itself. Report It


http://www.computerhope.com/issues/ch000...
if u cant load windows hold f8 when u turn the computer on start the computer in safe mode from there



start%26gt;all programs%26gt;accessories%26gt;system tools%26gt;system restore



restore your system to when ever you think thre problem didnt occur you'll lose everything installed saved etc from that date on



good luck

No comments:

Post a Comment