Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Norton Systemworks problems! :(?

I recently installed norton systemworks and it locked up my computer. I uninstalled it so just have Norton AV 05 on it now...no viruses. Systemworks completely messed up my windows files! I can no longer run a bunch of HP programs either. I am getting a lot of errors coming from C:\WINDOWS\system32. I also can't do a system restore. Something is wrong with my CMD.exe (DOS prompt?).



I'm not sure what my level of computer exp. is but I am comfotable with deleting registry entries, files, etc. I just wonder if it is worth it...trying to fix everything? Do you think I should just reformat/reinstall everything? This usually take me days to get my system tweaked. Any other sugestions?



Norton Systemworks problems! :(?anti virus software



Can you back up to a system restore point? You could try this, if you have WinXP or WinMe.



----------------------



Sorry that wasn't the silver bullet. From a distance, I can't think of anything else you should try.

No comments:

Post a Comment