Monday, October 5, 2009

Why does my computer hesitate when I click on anything?

no matter what I click, including the "start", the computer hesitates almost 5-10 seconds before anything happens. I have run all Nortons Systemworks 2006 programs, scandisk,defrag, diskcleanup. I have the minimum programs under msconfig/ run / startup. I have been to "services" and disabled the programs I know I don't need. Under "system properties/advanced it is set to best performance, and system restore to 2%. What am I missing?



Why does my computer hesitate when I click on anything?virus protection



check the CPU usage. if your ranning winXP, go to the task manager.



it depends also on the size of your RAM!



Why does my computer hesitate when I click on anything?agv



it is probably Norton antivirus scanning what you clicked for a virus
go to download.com search spybot search and destroy, and ad ad ware SE personal. download them they help protect againts spyware, viruses aren't the only things out there also try getting more memory, you might be out, also try uping you're virtual memory and all coms puase a little bit before doing anything
norton can slow down your pcs performance....couple of spyware also will eat your resources......try avg antivirus it is a free antivirus that uses so little amount of your resources...and download ad-aware by lavasoft...

No comments:

Post a Comment