Friday, October 2, 2009

Not all my system tray icons are showing up when I start XP, sometimes they do and sometimes they do

When I start up XP, some of the system tray icons for programs in my startup are not appearing. The problem is not with the ability to hide inactive icons, the icons are just not showing up all together. For example, icons that always appear are those for ZoneAlarm (firewall), Lexmark Imaging Studio (printer/scanner software), and Norton Systemworks. Icons for programs that startup upon bootup, that occasionally will appear in the system tray, are such programs like PopTray (an email notifier program I use) and APC Powerchute (a monitoring program for the uninterrupted power supply I use for my computer). The programs are running and are listed in the process list when I bring up the Task Manager, and if I kill the process and start up the program again, the icon will show up in the system tray.



Not all my system tray icons are showing up when I start XP, sometimes they do and sometimes they don't. Why?computer virus



go to START %26gt; RUN .....a run dialog box opens...type MSCONFIG and press enter...click on the STARTUP tab and check all those programs which you want to see in the system tray when the computer starts.....if you cant understand it then click on ENABLE ALL ...and then click on APPLY ...close it.....a box appears which asks you to restart the computer ....click on restart ....when the computer starts a box appears ...something called system configurat.... check the box in that box which says that never show this message again ...press ok....there you go ..your problem's solved....



NOTE : Never keep programs on the startup ...it effects your computers speed....most of the people remove everything from the startup i.e the system tray....



Not all my system tray icons are showing up when I start XP, sometimes they do and sometimes they don't. Why?free spyware remover



hi there maybe it don't like you
Have you check the start up options. like run %26gt; msconfig %26gt; start up (settings). If yes, then check all the boxes in start up again %26 also set all the icon to be active in task bar properties %26 see what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment