Friday, October 2, 2009

Okay, it looks like I have picked up a...?

.VIRUS that sends IMs that I know nothing about to all my unsuspecting friends. Apparently, the IM contains a link to a virus, and when opened, goes to all your buddies. The person I received it from called it the PASSWORD Virus...minus the P (you know YA won't let me say that word...lol). I researched it and came up with removal tools, but it included steps that didn't appear to be on my computer, so I backed out of it. Any suggestions?



Additional Details



WHOOPS...I'm sorry. I should have mentioned that I have Norton Systemworks installed on my computer, and so does the person that I got this virus from. I disabled Norton and ran AVG, to no avail. I also have already downloaded Ad Aware, which found 144 Trojans and a Hijack attempt, and removed all of that. But apparently, this one password thing is still here.



I asked this question on the computer category and got three answers, saying the exact same thing. I know, somewhere, there are explicit removal instructions.



Okay, it looks like I have picked up a...?computer security



I know the one well... All you have to do is change your password. LOL Since I did that the other day nobody has gottten a geocities link from me



Okay, it looks like I have picked up a...?free spyware remobal



I know that's what yousaid.BUT... ;)) Report It


run spybot search and destroy
Hihihihihihihihiihiiiiiii



Wait...was I supposed to believe this?!?!?!?!
Do you use XP? You can do a system restore that should remove it. Go to Start%26gt; Help and Support%26gt; System Restore%26gt; then follow the instructions.



Also, it helps to clean out your temp internet files and history before you restore.

No comments:

Post a Comment