Thursday, October 8, 2009

I ran Norton Systemworks Optimizer (defrag) on my laptop and I get "disk read error, press ctrl

The Optimizer was rearranging the files on my hard drive (defragmenting it) and when it was almost done it crashed (I think it was done because did this while I was sleeping). I've tried pressing F2, F8, putting the Windows CD in (won't even read it). I tried taking out the laptop's battery and disconnecting it from the power. I can't even get the BIOS screen. All I get is the logo screen (Toshiba logo) and then the black screen that says "disk read error" etc. Is there any way to fix this? Please help ASAP! Thank you for your help.



I ran Norton Systemworks Optimizer (defrag) on my laptop and I get "disk read error, press ctrl+alt+del" Help!downloads



Sounds like your hard drive has crashed. On some laptops, your set up is on a alternate partition on the hard drive. If your hard drive completely crashed, you won't be able to get into the setup. I would go to Toshiba's web site, and see if you can download a setup CD. (using another systems of course.) The I would pull out the hard drive, boot the system to the setup disk, and set the boot devices to CD first, and then hard drive. Reinstall your hard drive, and attempt to install Windows.



Good Luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment