Thursday, October 8, 2009

I have a Windows xp home edition PC.In 2006 I bought a Norton Systemworks 2006.Since then my PC is t

My Windows xp system restore is monitoring but it wont restore.All I get is error Windows cannot restore chose another date.Alwais got the same answer.I tried Norton Help chat %26 e-mail nothing happened I-m worst off.My Security center is hidden .I;m enabeling it ,next time I log on is disabled.Something is acting as a manager on a network but there is no network i'm the solo person using it.Before systemworks it never happened.I did remove it with Norton removal %26 then reinstalled it .Nothing changed.Short of clean install I tried everything.Please help me if you can.My PC is a Hp notebook and came preinstalled with Norton sYstemworks 2003 with that never had eny problem.Thanks for any help One more thing I'm not to techie!



I have a Windows xp home edition PC.In 2006 I bought a Norton Systemworks 2006.Since then my PC is taken over.computer



Please uninstall all traces of your Norton Systemworks and go with one of the excellent free, much smaller, firewalls and anti-virus programs available via the internet. My PC problems were solved when I did exactly that. I currently use the free Zone Alarm and Antivir Personal Edition. Plus for spyware I have Ad-Aware and Spybot which are also free.



It has been my experience with commercial software that "new features" and "latest edition" are synonymous with "big and bloated" and "guaranteed to slow your computer to a crawl." Good Luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment