Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Zone Alarm Security Suite verses Norton Systemworks?

I've been using Norton System works for many years now and it has done a decent job at protecting many of my computes. I also use Zone Alarm Pro for my software firewall. That's a great product also.



However, recently Norton System Works has been giving me errors saying my Zone Alarm Pro is not working. But, Zone Alarm is working fine. I've contact Symantec's support and I'm not happy with their solutions. Norton gives me these big red alert boxes and X's that are always displayed if it 'seemingly' finds a problem with other software it monitors.



I'm getting a bit fed-up with Norton. It's a resource hog, red errors always being displayed, very poor technical support too, unless I pay for it. On the other hand, Zone Alarm Security Suite now includes anti-virus protection, plus a great firewall.



Should I dump Norton? Zone Alarm Internet Suite also allows you to use their program on up to 3 separate computers! I hate to leave Norton, but maybe it's time to.



Zone Alarm Security Suite verses Norton Systemworks?mcaffee



Welcome to the club! I dumped Norton for the same lame responses as yourself. I now use Kaspersky and am thrilled with it. Picks up almost everything and instead of looking for errors in other programmes, it gives you the options.



The good thing about Zone alarm, is it has a pretty good stand alone virus package as well as good security backup. I think it is good to try other "equally good" products for a while anyway. So do yourself a favour.



Zone Alarm Security Suite verses Norton Systemworks?norton antivirus 2007



I had many of the same problems you are having with Norton. Problem is, unless you are somebody like Bill Gates or the like, Norton is almost impossible to completely delete. It always seems to imbed itself in some system files, ready to spring back when you least suspect it. Don't get me wrong, I think Norton is a good product. Nevertheless, I use PCcillin now. I also like AVG, especially because they seem to have a very good free version.

No comments:

Post a Comment