Monday, October 5, 2009

Trouble with Norton Anti-virus...says it's not installed, so how do I intall it?

I purchased the Norton/Symantec whole package but it says "This scanner is not active because Norton Anti-Virus in not installed. To install Norton Anti-Virus, use your original Norton Systemworks installer." This pops up for virus definitions check, auto-protect check, and last virus scan check. I purchased this offline so I'm not sure how to install Norton Anti-virus, can anyone tell me how?



Trouble with Norton Anti-virus...says it's not installed, so how do I intall it?virus scanner



Best bet is to return Norton and buy McAfee Internet Security. Norton is so fussy, and it's such a dog and slows everything down badly. I know many folks who have had much misery with Norton and switched to McAfee and never looked back.



Trouble with Norton Anti-virus...says it's not installed, so how do I intall it?anti virus software



You can access norton's troubleshooting webpage, by the way you have to be online while installing your product because it has to be registered on symantec computer systems.
Re-install the package and make sure that Norton Anti-virus is selected. When the installation process starts choose custom installation and choose all the programs you want to be installed, make sure that Norton Anti-virus is one of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment