Monday, October 5, 2009

Will Norton Ghost 10 put all of my registry, user profiles and programs back exactly how I had them

I created an image of all of my partitions prior to installing a new video card last week. Since then I have installed a update to a game that I play and have created a few important files. Now I am having some problems with my computer, particulary not being able to access the user profile settings in computer managment. I believe that the problem is the registry cleaner that is built into Symantec SystemWorks. I would like to go back to how things were before I installed the video card. Would it be a good idea to use my ghost image to go back to that date? Also would my registry, user profiles and programs etc be put back EXACTLY?



Will Norton Ghost 10 put all of my registry, user profiles and programs back exactly how I had them @ Ghostinganti virus scan



Yes. The ghost program makes a copy of your system at the time of ghosting. If you restore your backup, the computer will be exactly the way it was when the backup was created. When you copy a partition, you copy all contents, including the registry.



Will Norton Ghost 10 put all of my registry, user profiles and programs back exactly how I had them @ Ghostingariel



yup norton ghost can do that.ghosting make an exact mirror copy of your system during the time of gosthing that is why other people used ghosting to backup their entire system.

No comments:

Post a Comment