Thursday, October 8, 2009

Can Norton SystemWorks (i.e, Norton Antivirus) 2005 work without Norton Personal Firewall?

As you might well be aware, Norton Personal Firewall is an abysmal piece of software.....it hogs up my RAM, takes ages to load up or display an alert when it has blocked something, and always has conflicts with my LAN. I was wondering if I could delete the Firewall alone and try to make the AntiVirus suite work with ZoneAlarm? Would this work? The only reason I want to keep the AntiVirus is that I still have more than half a year on my subscription and the free AV programs out there arent rated as highly as Norton's (the opposite seems true of NPF compared to ZoneAlarm). Can I do this and run Norton AntiVirus 2005 with ZoneAlarm or is it not advisable?



Can Norton SystemWorks (i.e, Norton Antivirus) 2005 work without Norton Personal Firewall?free spyware remobal



The best way is to try to unistal and do a manual install (not automatic) and dont click to install Nortron Firewall, another way is to see if you can uninstall it sepratley from the ADD/REMOVE programs panel. If you cant you can always Disable it from Running, Tho it May conflict with Systemworks and may end up being glitchy.



To disable, Go to Start%26gt;RUN and type in MSCONFIG then here, click Selective Startup, Then go to startup tab, and disable anything thas says norton Firewall, becareful, since you are still running System works and may accdencitly disable a startup program from that.

No comments:

Post a Comment