Friday, October 2, 2009

I have a registry error and cant even turn on my puter cant boot from cd to format either any ideas

ive formatted the pc before with no problems dont know whats going on now if i try to boot from the win xp disc it wont do it i cant even run nortons systemworks on it



I have a registry error and cant even turn on my puter cant boot from cd to format either any ideas winxp?hp



You might be able to restore to a previous running image. While booting, press F8 until you get a black %26 white Windows selection menu. Look for the Restore to last running image (or something like it). If you're lucky, you're done.



Otherwise, the BIOS might not be set up to allow booting from CD. Resart your PC and look for a text that tells you the key to press to enter BIOS set up (it changes from system to system, some use the Esc, Del or one of The Fnn keys). Navigate the menus to find boot order options. Make sure CD booting precedes hard disk booting. Exit and try booting from the CD.



Good luck.



I have a registry error and cant even turn on my puter cant boot from cd to format either any ideas winxp?mcaffee



This happened to me once. I changed the bios settings to boot from the CD and i booted from WinXP cd and instaled Windows all over again. It really helped. That problem never happened again
Boot from floppy or CD. If you cant boot from floppy or CD then your problem is not within the registry.

No comments:

Post a Comment